Apple released their all new Mac OS X Lion with plethora of new features. With over 250+ new features and tweaks Apple is once again gearing up to dominate the west if not the east. But any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. That is when you can apply Terminal hacks to tweak OS according to your liking. If you want an all-in-one tool to tweak the basic Mac Lion 10.7 features then I suggest Lion Tweaks.
With Lion Tweaks you get to customize all the basic features of Mac OS Lion 10.7 which otherwise would need more than one step and visit to multiple locations. Lion Tweaks tool lets you enable or disable 2D/ 3D dock, window animations, unhide files and also customize Launchpad folder background. Install Lions Tweaks app to Applications folder and make sure you restart services to reflect changes made.
Full features list of Lion Tweaks tool for Lion 10.7:
- Enable/Disable the user Library folder.
- Change to a 2D or 3D dock.
- Enable/Disable system window animation.
- Enable/Disable mail reply animation.
- Remove/Add Reading List Icon in Safari.
- Enable/Disable Spelling Correction.
- Enable/Disable repeating keys.
- Enable/Disable permanent scrollbars.
- Show Hidden Files.
- Disable Crash Dialog Pop-Up.
- Get a new Stack List View.
- Highlight Stack items on mouseover.
- Change iCal leather interface to aluminium
- Change Address Book leather interface to aluminium
- Disable resume for a single app
- Enable the hidden FTP-server
- Customize Launchpad folder background