Ubuntu 11.10 codenamed Oneiric Ocelot has been released and is available for download. The Oneiric Ocelot features many new cosmetic changes when compared to the older Natty Narwhal and is sure to improve workflow. If you are currently running Ubuntu 11.04 and wish to upgrade desktops to the latest Ubuntu 11.10 then here is what you have to do now.
- Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Release Candidate is Available for Download
- Download Official Ubuntu 11.10 Wallpaper Pack [Oneiric Ocelot]
Upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 is pretty easy when done from the update manager. Or if you intend to do a fresh install, grab Ubuntu 11.10 and then install it by writing to a bootable CD/ DVD or a USB drive.
Steps to upgrade Ubuntu 11.04 to Ubuntu 11.10:
1. Press the Superkey (Windows key) to launch the Dash and search for Update Manager. Launch the Update Manager.
2. Now click the Check button to check for new updates. If there are any updates to install, use the Install Updates button to install them, and press Check again after that is complete.
3. A message will appear informing you of the availability of the new release. Click Upgrade and follow the on-screen instructions.