The iPhone dev team made available the updated Beta version of Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 3 capable of untethering iOS 4.2.1 Jailbreak on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. They call it ‘backup plan’. This lets you boot iDevices without the need of connecting iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to computer every time you re-boot the device.
Here’s what you will need to know before proceeding:
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2 Beta 3.
- Mac OS X
- Access to iOS 4.2 Beta 3 firmware file.
- If you rely on Ultrasn0w unlock, STAY AWAY from this version of Redsn0w.
- Currently limited to iPhone 4, iPad and iPod touch 4G only.
Here is a step by step video tutorial compiled by folks over at RedmondPie explaining how to achieve an untethered jailbreak on your iDevice. Follow the each steps in the video carefully. All the files required for untethering can be found below.
Requirements for Untether Jailbreak of iOS 4.2.1 :
- iOS 4.2.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPad, iPod touch – Download
- Redsn0w 0.9.7b3 for Mac – Download
- iTunes 10.1.1 for Mac- Download