The Amazon app store for Android is now live (US only). With more than 3500 apps for Android phones and tablet devices Amazon Android app store is here to compete against several third-party app stores out there apart from official Android Marketplace which is way ahead with 100,000 apps. The Amazon app store can either be used via web interface or you can install Amazon app store app on Android phone. But the problem here is that Google will not allow Amazon app in their official Android marketplace and hence will be treated as a third-party unlicensed app.
Amazon Android store offers a paid app for free daily with 24 hours span. As an inaugural offer they are giving away Angry Birds Rio the latest Angry Birds version for free. The Amazon Android app is pretty much intuitive with option for searching paid and free apps. Amazon users can also test applications with “Test Drive” feature which runs applications on a simulated smartphone. Follow the steps below to install Amazon Android app on your phones or tablet devices.
If you are accessing Amazon Android store from outside US, use a US based VPN service to browse through.
Steps to install Amazon Android app on phones and tablet devices :
1. Open your device settings and click “Applications”
2. If unchecked, click “Unknown Sources”. If “Unknown sources” is already checked, skip to step 4.
3. Click “OK” on the “Attention” dialog. “Unknown sources” will now have a green check.
4. Go to http://amzn.to/getamazonappstore. The Amazon Appstore app will download to your device.
5. Open your notifications and click “Amazon_Appstore.apk“.
6. Click “Install” and then click “Open”.
Now you can login with your Amazon ID and start browsing and download both free and paid apps.