The news about Microsoft’s next edition of Windows and the successor of Windows 7 ie Windows 8 is doing rounds across the web. The excitement is definitely in air as Windows enthusiasts are contributing Themes, wallpapers, widgets etc to the community. Though we still don’t have a clear picture of what to expect (Metro UI?) in Windows 8 owing to the fact that majority of the news are rumours, these themes and wallpapers are always fun. Here is such a theme for Windows 7 PC utilising the Aero lite feature.
Windows 8 Aero 1.1 Theme for Windows 7 by a DeviantArt developer based on “Aero Lite” introduces cool new interface. Built with Style Builder 1.5, this theme introduces clean Aero style with Redesigned buttons, New taskbar, Optimized icon preview etc. Windows 8 Aero theme works on both Windows 7 32 bit (x86) & 64 bit SP1 (x64) desktop machines. Follow the steps mentioned below to install Windows 8 theme on Windows 7 PC.
Note that you need to patch some Windows files in order to install third-party themes on Windows 7. This can be done with any UXtheme patcher tool available for Windows 7.
Steps to install Windows 8 Aero theme on Windows 7 :
1. Download the UXtheme patcher tool for Windows 7 from here: Download UXTheme patcher
2. Launch and click to apply it. It patches Windows files for supporting third-party themes.
3. Reboot Windows 7 on request.
4. Now copy theme folder with .theme file and .msstyles file to “%windir%\Resources\Themes\” folder (%windir% means “Windows” directory present in system drive where Windows is installed. Most probably C: drive). Now double-click on .theme file.
5. The theme will be automatically applied or you can apply it using Desktop Properties.
Done! Happy theming your Windows 7 OS.