Recently Google removed the popular Grooveshark music app from their Android Marketplace over copyright issues. This controversial music streaming service was even removed from Apple iTunes store earlier which forced Grooveshark to vouch for Cydia, the third-party app store available for jailbroken iOS devices. There are rumours that Google is cleaning Android app store and removing illegal music streaming apps before the hyped Google music service launch.
Google doesn’t allow or entertain third-party apps on Android Market just like what they did to the recently launched Amazon Cloud Music player app. And apps not available on Android Market cannot be installed without this tweak. If you want to install Grooveshark music app on Android phone then downloading Grooveshark .apk file is the only option now. Go ahead and follow the steps below.
Steps to install Grooveshark Android app on phones:
1. Open your Android device settings and click “Applications”
2. If unchecked, click “Unknown Sources”. If “Unknown sources” is already checked, skip to step 4.
3. Click “OK” on the “Attention” dialog. “Unknown sources” will now have a green check.
4. Download Grooveshark .apk file from the link below .
5. Open your notifications or the location where Grooveshark .apk file is stored and click to install.
6. Click “Install” and then click “Open”.
Download Grooveshark App (.apk)